The CFI PTS is what outlines exactly how your checkride will go.
It may seem like there is an endless amount of information you must know for the CFI checkride…there is not. This course outlines exactly what you will need to know and be able to explain on the day of your CFI checkride.
If you can understand and explain all of the topics outlined in this course, you WILL PASS YOUR CFI CHECKRIDE.
Once enrolled in this course you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your copy of Lesson Plans/Notes that go along with each task within the CFI PTS.
As you work through this course, we would highly recommend that you print our note-friendly version of the CFI PTS below. This document is specifically designed to allow you to take notes as you work through each task of the PTS, improving your overall retention of the information.
- Aeromedical Factors
- Runway Incursion Avoidance
- Visual Scanning and Collision Avoidance
- Principles of Flight
- Airplane Flight Controls
- Airplane Weight and Balance
- Navigation and Flight Planning
- Night Operations
- High Altitude Operations
- 14 CFR and Publications
- National Airspace System
- Navigation Systems and Radar Services
- Logbook Entries and Certificate Endorsements
- Normal and Crosswind Takeoff and Climb
- Short-Field Takeoff and Maximum Performance Climb
- Soft-Field Takeoff and Climb
- Normal and Crosswind Approach and Landing
- Slip to a Landing
- Go-Around/Rejected Landing
- Short-Field Approach and Landing
- Soft-Field Approach and Landing
- Power-Off 180° Accuracy Approach and Landing