IFR CoursesPass your FAA written exam and checkride with our instrument rating course. In this course, you won’t be just taking regular lessons and quizzes, you’ll be embarking on an IFR adventure as we take you from airport to airport across the country, putting to use the skills you use in each lesson. Keep in mind, your IFR journey should begin with completing the Online IFR ground school course on our site, then beginning the IFR Written Prep BootCamp to earn the endorsement for taking your FAA Instrument Pilot written exam. Plan to spend 30-40 hours of study time in the Ground School course, and an additional 12-16 hours in the written prep bootcamp course. The basics to earn your instrument rating are:
- Complete ground school
- Pass the 60 question FAA written exam with a 70% or higher
- Have a minimum of:
- 50 hours PIC X/C
- 40 hours actual or simulated instrument time
- Minimum 15 hours of IFR training with a CFII (most students take around 30-35 hours, our average student who uses our courses completes their training on average in 19 hours)
- Minimum 3 hours with a CFII preparing for the practical test in the past 2 calendar months.
- Minimum 250nm flight along airways with your CFII completing 3 different kinds of instrument approaches.
- See 14CFR61.65 for more details.
- Complete the IFR Checkride prep on our website (our students who complete all 3 courses with us have a 100% pass rate on their checkrides!)
IFR Written Prep BootCamp!
Take Practice Tests, Learn everything you need to PASS Your Written as quickly as possible! Complete this course and you are guaranteed to PASS your FAA written on the first try!
2023 IFR Instrument Pilot Course
Go from Zero to Hero using our Premium IFR Instrument Pilot Course. Learn everything you need to know for your written exam, flight training, and checkride, as well as what you need to know to keep yourself SAFE flying under IFR after you get your ticket! Track your progress step by step with our 15 Lessons broken down into easy to digest sub-Topics. Watch helpful videos with each Lesson, and see what it is like to fly in the real world under IFR with over 20 Case Study examples combined into the course!
Would You Crash This Airplane?
Take this course and see if you have the skills to avoid a fatal accident. Follow through with us step by step as the accident chain develops, and see if you have the ADM skills to say STOP before its too late.