Basic Private Pilot Online Ground School
This course will cover the basic knowledge required of a private pilot to pass the Private Pilot Airplane written exam, and will prepare you for your flight training in an actual aircraft with your flight instructor.
It is broken up into LESSONS, and each LESSON has several TOPICS.
TO GET STARTED:
- Click on LESSON 1 below
- Click on the first TOPIC and watch the corresponding video and read the material
- Click on the TOPICS within the lesson to view the videos and read the material (navigation bar right-hand side)
- Once you have viewed all the topics, complete the QUIZ to move onto the next LESSON
- To keep track of progress in the course and earn a completion certificate you must be logged in to the site.
- Set realistic goals for yourself.
- There is A LOT of material here that will prepare you to become a Pilot. Take your time going through the lessons.
- Realistically expect to complete only one or two lessons in a day.
- ENSURE YOU MARK YOUR LESSONS and TOPICS COMPLETE using the MARK COMPLETE button in the bottom left of each lesson and topic. You must spend the minimum time shown on the TIMER in the bottom left of the screen to be able to mark the topic complete.
- Feel free to work ahead, and even complete the entire course before you ever take your first flight lesson. You can always go back and review later if needed.
- This course is completley free (does not require an account on the site) and does not come with a completion certificate or endorsement for the written exam. To earn an endorsement for the written exam you are required to complete our Written Prep Bootcamp course available here.